If you are looking for a program offering a multitude of options in law enforcement and the justice system that will provide you with the skills necessary to not only make a living, but also prepare you for a life that is rich, rewarding and fulfilling, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown Criminal Justice Distinctions
The core curriculum in Criminal Justice at University of Jamestown uniquely prepares you for the emerging requirements, not only for initial employment, but for professional advancement as well. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Criminal Justice program include:
- Numerous internship opportunities tailored to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations
- Unique opportunity to complement your Criminal Justice major with numerous other majors and minors to prepare you for a multitude of career possibilities
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Opportunities for hands-on field experience and co-curricular activities
- Graduates successfully employed at the local, state and federal level in such areas as law enforcement, corrections and juvenile justice
- Numerous graduates are currently serving in the N.D. State Highway Patrol
- Strong participation in the campus sponsored Criminal Justice Club
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, University of Washington
Teaches: Criminal Justice and Sociology courses
Teaches: Community Policing and Problem Solving
University of Jamestown
Criminal Justice & Sociology Department
6076 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Jim Stone, PhD Professor & Department Chair