If you are looking for a computer science program that focuses on the study of the computer and computer programming, combined with a dynamic curriculum that will not only prepare you to make a living, but prepare you for a life that is rich, rewarding and fulfilling, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
Computer Science Major
The Computer Science major focuses on the study of the computer itself – how it is built, how the hardware and software works, and how to program the computer to achieve a task. The typical computer science application involves writing large programs using traditional programming languages and focusing on software architecture, data structures, and algorithm development issues. By learning the theory behind the machine and the programming of the machine, students strive to improve the hardware efficiency and build better applications, which the IT professional would help his/her clients adopt and use successfully.
University of Jamestown Computer Science Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to specialize in a diverse set of majors and minors that will allow you to tailor your individual program of study to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Computer Science program include:
- Computer classes taught in the state-of-art Unruh and Sheldon Center for Business and Technology
- Three majors and two minors from which to choose
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- Students regularly score in the top three in academic business & computer science competitions at both state and national Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conferences
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
- Numerous employers, such as Microsoft and UTC Aerospace Systems, repeatedly hire University of Jamestown computer science graduates
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: MS, North Dakota State University
Teaches: C++ Programming, Operating Systems, Compiler Design, and Mgmt. of Information Systems
Certifications/Degrees: MBA, California State Polytechnic University, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Teaches: Integrated Software Applications, Systems Analysis and Design, Video Editing, Desktop Design, and Director of Assessment
Certifications/Degrees: Jamestown College
Teaches: Windows Server and Operating Systems
Certifications/Degrees: MAT, Minot State University - Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics and Computer Science
Teaches: Integrated Software Applications, Programming (Java, Web/PHP), Comparison of Programming Languages, Robotics, and Assistant Track Coach
Teaches: PC networking and repair
Certifications/Degrees: ABD, Dakota State University
Teaches: Office Applications, Website Design, Database Design, Security, Visual Basic, Computer Architecture, and UNIX/LINUX
University of Jamestown
Computer Science & Technology Department
6006 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Erik Sand, MS Assistant Professor and Department Co-Chair & Department Chair