If you love chemistry and would love to share that passion with young people, Jamestown College is the place for you.
Our Chemistry Secondary Education degree program provides a comprehensive chemistry background along with all of the requirements for secondary teacher licensure. We invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.Courses and Requirements
Jamestown College Chemistry Secondary Education Distinctions
Chemistry is one of several secondary education areas offered at Jamestown College. As a chemistry secondary education major at Jamestown College, you will benefit from:
- courses and labs taught by faculty, not graduate students
- numerous hands-on opportunities to meet and work with educators and students in the community
- the latest information with regard to legislation and regulations affecting the teaching profession
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experiences, and co-curricular activities
Jamestown College education students score above the national average on the ACT test and maintain some of the top grade point averages among all students. We seek students who can face the demands and challenges of the teaching profession and are well-prepared and confident that they will make an important difference in the lives of children and young adults.
Education students are encouraged to join the Student North Dakota Education Association. Other organizations in early childhood education, reading, mathematics, and science also provide opportunities for participation.
Eligible students are invited to join Pi Lambda Theta, the international honor society and professional association in education.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, Iowa State University
Teaches: Physical and Inorganic Chemistry and Quantitative Analysis
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, University of California, Davis
Teaches: Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry
University of Jamestown
6001 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Carl Steffan, PhD Associate Professor & Department Chair