If you are looking for a business administration program that will prepare you not only for a successful career, but also prepare you for a life that is rich, rewarding and fulfilling, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.Business Factsheet
University of Jamestown Business Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to major in Business Administration complimented by a a diverse set of related concentrations that allow you to tailor your individual program to meet your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown business program include:
- Classes taught in the state-of-the-art Unruh and Sheldon Center for Business and Technology
- Nine complementary areas of concentration
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- 96 percent career placement rate of business and accounting students in quality positions within six months of graduation
- Graduating seniors have scored as high as the 98th percentile nationally in the Major Field Achievement Test in Business
- Students regularly score in the top three in academic business & accounting competitions at both state and national Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conferences
- Students participate in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to prepare tax returns for low-income and elderly taxpayers
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: MBA from Minnesota State University - Moorhead (1992)
BA in Accounting and History/Political Science from University of Jamestown(1989)
Certified Public Accountant licensed in North Dakota
Teaches: Financial Accounting
More information about the chair.
Certifications/Degrees: MA, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
PhD, Capella University
Teaches: Business Mgmt., Human Resource Mgmt., Strategic Mgmt., Sales Mgmt., Operations & Production Mgmt.
Certifications/Degrees: MS, University of Dallas; PhD, Alliant International University
Teaches: Marketing, Global Marketing, Marketing Research, Strategic Marketing, and Hospitality/Tourism Management
Periodically, departments do employ adjunct faculty when full-time faculty do not have time within their schedules to teach all courses which the university wishes to be taught. Additionally, sometimes there is a community member or member of the staff at the University of Jamestown that holds a skill or has had education which makes it possible to teach a course which cannot otherwise be taught by regular full-time faculty. This list does change semester-to-semester.
Certifications/Degrees: MBA, University of Mary
Teaches: Elements of Economics, Investments, Insurance, Retirement and Benefits, and Estate Planning
University of Jamestown
Business, Accounting & Economics Department
6042 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
Vicki Greshik, CPA, MBA Associate Professor of Accounting
firstname.lastname@example.org | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5549
Specialized business accreditation by an independent, external accrediting body is a means by which students, parents, the business community, and other stakeholders of the College can be assured that the institution’s business degree programs meet high standards of excellence and follow best practice in business education.
University of Jamestown has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Bachelor of Arts in business administration with concentrations in accounting, business communication, financial planning, general management, global business, hospitality and tourism management, and marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in financial planning and wealth management
- Bachelor of Arts in liberal arts business studies