If you are looking for a Pre-Engineering program in a smaller college setting where you can continue to compete athletically or participate in a variety of co-curricular activities while receiving a three-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics followed by a two year Bachelor of Science in engineering from an affiliated university, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown Applied Mathematics (Pre-Engineering) Distinctions
At University of Jamestown, you have the opportunity to major in three different areas of mathematics or to blend your skills and interests in other areas with a minor in mathematics. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Applied Mathematics (Pre-Engineering) program include:
- A strong 3-2 engineering program with affiliations with six recognized universities
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- A student community which creates an atmosphere of learning and mutual success
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- Students pursuing further studies in graduate schools or engineering have been accepted into numerous prestigious schools
- Graduates have found rewarding careers in an array of professional positions
- 99% average placement rate within six months after graduation for 2009 and 2010 graduating seniors
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, Educational Mathematics, University of Northern Colorado; MS, Aerospace Engineering, University of Dayton
Teaches: College Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics, Physics, Cosmos, Statics, Dynamics, Linear Algebra, Algebraic Structures, History of Mathematics, and Real Analysis
Certifications/Degrees: MS in Mathematics; BS in Mathematics and Computer Science, University of North Dakota
Teaches: Ideas in Mathematics, College Algebra, Calculus I, Calculus II, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Visual Basic, and Advanced Web Design
Certifications/Degrees: Doctor of Education, Curriculum & Instruction; Montana State University-Bozeman
Teaches: College Algebra, Precalculus, Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I, II, and III, Applied Calculus, Calculus I, II, and III, Introductory Statistics, College Geometry, History of Mathematics, and Calculus for Teachers
University of Jamestown
6034 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Fatholah Kassemi, PhD Professor & Department Chair